Wednesday, December 28, 2005

New Year, New Opportunity

It's now December 28,2005. The year end is closing in on us. Yes, it is now time to look forward into the new year.

Each year at this time I look forward into the next year and try to imagine what it is that I want to accomplish and what it is that I want. This excercise is by choice, very personal. Each of us knows what they want or if they've never thought a lot about it, then they are saying that they don't want anything. Whew.....

By nature, I've always set goals for myself. I usually never actually get the item I wanted, instead I get much more. Much more. I am truly a blessed individual.

Next year will be no different. I want a great deal for me and mostly for others. Those with whom I do business and those that are my family. As the Father of six and the
Grandfather of seven, my family is growing and will continue to do so for the next 5 or 6 years. Good.

It is now time for others to populate good old planet earth. It is time for others to provide bodies for the spirits yet unborn in heaven. It is now someone else's blessing to have children. Still I think of all those children that need help in so many ways.

My wife have some goals that I'm certain we will see realized in 2006. These goals will affect others. We've set them up so that if this happens, then this is what we'll do. If this also happens, then we'll also do. . . In this way were sure to get as much done as possible.

It is possible to make a difference in this world of ours. No matter what country you live in, no matter how rich or poor you consider yourself to be, you can make a difference in life of someone everyday. It may just be your smile rather than a frown. It may be a glass of water offered. It may be to teach a simple principal so that the person being taught doesn't have to learn the principal the hard way. Who knows? Frankly we do. We all get to decide each day what we wil do with our time, talent, money, spirit, friendship, abilities and so much more. We decide.

No one can take that power from us. Period.

My challenge for me is to make even more of a difference in peoples lives this year.

No comments: